How to take care of your red naomi roses
You have received our extraordinary long-stemmed Red Naomi Rose bouquet and we would like to advise you on how to make these fabulous flowers last as long as possible.
Remove the gift packaging, allowing the Roses to breathe. Please do not cut the binding cord if your flowers have been hand tied and you wish to keep them arranged as we designed them. Then place your vase of red Roses away from direct sunlight, radiators and air conditioning units. Flowers do not like extreme heat, cold or drafts. Also, avoid proximity to fruit as fruit naturally produces ethylene as it ripens and this odourless gas will shorten the vase life of your flowers.
Maintain your bouquet by removing any dead or dying petals, flowers and any foliage that has fallen in the water. Foliage floating in water creates bacteria which is harmful to the flowers and will shorten their vase life.
Top up with clean water daily if necessary. Ideally, change the water adding flower food every 3 days. Flower food is part of our recommended way to extend the life of your beautiful flowers as it contains the perfect mixture of ingredients to nourish your blooms whilst keeping bacteria at bay. You will find a sachet of flower food with your Roses. When you change the water, please use this checking the instructions on the sachet to be sure you add the correct proportion of water and flower food to the vase. Note very cold or hot water will stress the flowers so best to use water at room temperature.
It is also advisable to re-cut each stem when you change the water. Do this at an angle with a sharp knife or scissors, removing 2.5cm (1 inch) from the base of the stem.
For further information about our spectacular Red Naomi Roses, you may wish to read Neill's blog post.
- All flowers, foliage and berries are for decorative purposes. Some flowers and plants can be harmful if consumed.
- Care should be taken to keep your flowers and foliage out of the reach of children and pets.
- Please take care when positioning your floral display within your home or office as leakages and dampness from the water source can cause damage to delicate surfaces. Always place the vase or container onto a protective mat.
- Remove all pollen from flowers as they open to avoid the risk of staining.
- Flower food should not be consumed.